Resource Cheat Sheet

Home Resource Cheat Sheet
On Campus Resources Academic Information and Help Academic Advising
  • Undergraduate Studies (undeclared), pre-professional majors, transfer students and National Student Exchange, 109 Miller Hall, 859-257-3383
  • Arts & Sciences Advising Center, 202 Patterson Office Tower, 859-257-8712
  • Business & Economics Undergraduate Resource Center, 237 Gatton College, 859-257-4627
  • Withdrawal from classes: Through the Deans of the Colleges and through the Professional Advisors
  • Retroactive withdrawal: Through a Faculty Senate Committee, application can be filled out online.
  • Probation: Student must either improve (2.0 GPA overall) or will be suspended
  • Suspensions: After being suspended the student has to sit out a semester and a summer, although this can be appealed
  • Academic Bankruptcy: After being suspended or let go by the university, the student has to sit out for 2 years and then can enter through the college s/he was in when s/he left, arrange bankruptcy for some of her/his classes and do them over
Academic Ombud: Rotating faculty position to mediate academic disputes; 109 Bradley Hall, 859-257-3737, Admissions – Grad: 859-257-4613 Admissions – Undergrad: 859-257-2000 Career Center: Assistance with interviews and resume writing, credit for experiential education such as internships and paid jobs or volunteer experiences, career testing, Stuckert Bldg., 408 Rose St., 859-257-2746 Community of Concern:  centralized point of contact for campus members who develop a concern about the welfare of another individual (students, faculty, or staff), 524 POT, 859-257-5134 Counseling & Testing Center: provides confidential psychological counseling to currently enrolled UK students and consultation services to currently enrolled UK students, UK faculty and staff, and caregivers. 201 Frazee Hall, 859-257-3319 Dean of Students: 859-257-3754 Disability Resource Center:  Accommodations for those with a documented disability testing, classes, academic requirements, 725 Rose Street, Multidisciplinary Science Building, Suite 407, 859-257-2754 Financial Aid: 859-257-3172 Math Resource Center (Mathskeller): Math tutoring, 63 Whitehall Classroom Building (basement), Math Dept., 859-257-6108, The Study (Academic Enhancement): Study skills and tutoring, 306B, 3rd floor, Complex Commons (between Kirwan and Blanding towers on south campus), 859-257-1356; The Study North, Champions Court 1, Avenue of Champions, Writing Center: William T. Young Library, 5th floor West Wing, 859-257-1368 Undergraduate Studies: 859-257-3383 Student Involvement/Services Campus Recreation: Intramurals, Johnson Center, Lancaster Aquatic Center, 177 Johnson Center, 859-257-3928 Center for Academic and Tutorial Services (CATS): Academic support for athletes, Joe Craft Center (Memorial Coliseum), 859-257-1897 Center for Community Outreach: Volunteer opportunities, Located in the Center for Student Involvement, 106 Student Center, 859-257-9385 Dining Services: 19 Food Storage Bldg., 859-257-6161 Fraternity and Sorority Affairs Office: Panhellenic Council, National Pan-Hellenic Council, Interfraternity Council, 575 Patterson Office Tower, 859-257-3151 Leadership Exchange: Leadership programming, Office of Student Involvement, 345 Blazer Hall, 859-257-1109 Peer Health Educators (Sexperts) /PAWS group at UHS: or 859-218-3210 SafeCats Service: SAFECATS (Safe and Free Escort for Campus Area Travelling Students) is a safety escort service available to UK students and their guests Sunday – Thursday from 8:30pm to 1:30am except during official University holidays, breaks or during the summer. Students can arrange a free safety escort by calling (859) 257-SAFE (7233). Students are encouraged to call 10-20 minutes in advance of the time they need an escort. Hearing impaired students may request a SAFECATS escort by emailing SAFECATS at Smoking/Tobacco Cessation: UK supports its employees and students who want to quit using tobacco products by offering individual and group tobacco treatment programs at no cost for one series of classes – including nicotine replacement products (typically the patch). This offer is for students and their spouses, and employees and their spouses or sponsored dependents. Student Activities Board: 365 Blazer Hall, 859-257-8867 Student Government Association: 341 Blazer Hallr, 859-257-3191 Student Involvement, Center for: 372 Blazer Hall, 859-257-1109 Student Behavioral Health Clinic: University Health Service Bldg., 830 South Limestone St., 859-323-5511 Student Wellness Ambassadors: The Student Wellness Ambassadors are dedicated to empowering their peers to live safe and balanced lifestyles by providing them with information, screenings, and resources in the areas of mental wellness, drugs, and alcohol abuse. This is a group of highly motivated and well-trained students who organize educational programs and events throughout campus and the community. The Wellness Ambassadors believe that all students have the right to make their own decisions on issues – they just help provide them with quality, research-based information. 859-257-9687 Substance Education and Responsibility: The mission of the office is to provide knowledge and information that empowers UK students and community youth to make safer and healthier lifestyle choices in the areas of alcohol, drug use and mental wellness. The Office of Substance Education & Responsibility is located in rooms 565 and 518 of the Patterson Office Tower. Some of their services may count for court mandated alcohol education classes University Health Service: University Health Service Bldg., 830 South Limestone St., 859-323-APPT Violence Intervention and Prevention Center: Services for survivors of physical and sexual violence; Also offer programming and student activities, Lower Level Frazee Hall, 859-257-3574 (8:30a-5p) Student Populations Adult Student Services: Programs, scholarships, advocacy and support for adults responsible for dependents (other than a spouse), adults starting or returning to college after an absence of several years, and veterans, 100 Funkhouser Bldg, 859-257-2000, 866-900-4685 Center for Academic Resources and Enrichment Services (CARES): CARE’s mission is to provide a comprehensive academic support system as well as enrichment services to aid in increasing the retention and graduation rates of underrepresented students, 104 McVey Hall, 859-323-6347 (M-Th 8a-6p, Fri 8a-5p) Disability Resource Center: 2 Alumni Gym, 859-257-2754 First Scholars Program: Martina Martin, 859-257-3532 International Center: 545 Rose Street, Bradley Hall, 859-323-2106 Martin Luther King, Jr. Cultural Center: 313 Blazer Hall, 859-257-4130 Office for Institutional Diversity: 311 Main Building, 859-257-9293 Office of LGBTQ Resources: central hub for accessing information, groups, and services related to diverse sexualities and gender identities; 302 Blazer Hall, 859-218-4816, Student Support Services: federally funded program designed to work with students who are first generation, low income, and have a documented disability, 859-257-9797 Veterans Resource Center: 124 Funkhouser Bldg., 859-257-1148 Monday – Thursday 08:30-16:00 Violence Intervention and Prevention Center (VIP): Lower Level Frazee Hall, 859-257-3564   ON-CAMPUS COUNSELING University of Kentucky Counseling Center 859-257-8701 201 Frazee Hall Jesse Harris Psychological Services Ctr. 859-257-6853 644 Maxwelton Court   Family Center 859-257-7755 205 Scovell Hall School Psychology Clinic 859-257-1381 Provides services for children with an Autism Spectrum disorder and their families. 641 Maxwelton Court     ON-CAMPUS PSYCHIATRIC/MEDICATION EVALUATION: Student Behavioral Health 323-5511 fax: 323-1119 or 257-9816 Scott Littleton, MD – Director and psychiatrist Matt Neltner , MD –  Psychiatrist Lori Molenaar, ARNP – Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Various psychiatry residents also rotate through this service   Employment Student Employment: 103 Scovell Hall, 257-8894 Student Financial Aid, Office of: Grants, Loans, Scholarships, Federal Work Study, 128 Funkhouser Bldg., 257-3172 Residence Life, Office of: 537 Patterson Office Tower, 257-4783 Dining Services, Administrative Office: 257-6161   For Employees Employee Records 257-1666 Smoking/Tobacco Cessation: UK supports its employees and students who want to quit using tobacco products by offering individual and group tobacco treatment programs at no cost for one series of classes – including nicotine replacement products (typically the patch). This offer is for students and their spouses, and employees and their spouses or sponsored dependents. Counseling through REFER: Employee Assistance Program. First Session is free. Following session costs are based income on a sliding scale. Employees with UK HMO will be charged their normal therapy copay.  205 Scovell Hall, 257-1467 or 257-7755 Work + Life Connections Coordinator: All faculty, regular employees (FTE 0.50 or greater), spouses, sponsored dependents, unmarried children up to the age of 26 (or older if disabled before the age of 26) and UK retirees are eligible for up to five free sessions. Ann Bassoni, MSW 257-9433   Emergency Numbers UK Police 911 from campus #8573 from cell 257-7750 for non-emergencies UK Emergency Room 323-5901 Switchboard 257-9000 Switchboard Med Center 323-5000   Off Campus Resources Inpatient Services Irene Nooe Adult Crisis Stabilization Program (859) 246-7201 3479 Buckhorn Dr. St. 106 FAX (859) 246-7232 Lexington, KY 40511   Eastern State Hospital (859) 246-7000 1350 Bull Lea Rd Lexington, KY 40511   UK Samaritan 226-7070 310 S. Limestone Lexington, KY 40508   The Ridge Behavioral Health 269-2325 3050 Rio Dosa Drive Lexington, KY 40509 Crisis Line Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-TALK (8255) Veteran’s Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255, Press 1 (phone) (online chat) 838255 (text) 24/7, 365 days a year; don’t have to be registered w/VA or enrolled in VA healthcare; open to veterans, families, friends University of Kentucky Counseling Center (UKCC) offers on call counselors for students residing on campus. Student can access the on call counselor outside of UKCC hours by talking to their res life staff and expressing their need to talk to a counselor. Bluegrass Domestic Violence 24 hour crisis line: 1-800-544-2022 Bluegrass Rape Crisis Center 24/7 hotline: 1-800-656-4673 or (859) 253-2511 Domestic Violence & Child Abuse Hotline: (859) 245-5258 or Toll Free 1-800-752-6200