Leadership Development Program applications are now live! Applications will be due Sunday, September 3rd at 11:59 PM EDT.
What is the Leadership Development Program?
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a freshman-only program sponsored by the Student Government Association that is dedicated to building future leaders on campus. LDP is a growth oriented program designed to challenge leaders through a variety of learning experiences. Additionally, LDP connects freshman with current campus leaders through a shadowing program and offers opportunities to network with current community leaders.
The list of organizations that LDP students shadow include:
- Student Government Association
- Student Activities Board
- Center for Community Outreach
- Leadership Exchange
- Kentucky Kernel
Past LDP events:
- Discussion and Q&A with the President Eli Capilouto and his wife, Dr. Mary Lynn Capilouto
- Leadership Workshops hosted by Leadership Exchange
- Discussion and Q&A with local community leaders
- Tour of Keeneland, with discussion and Q&A with executive leadership
- Resume Workshop at the Stuckert Career Center
- Networking Dinner with the UK Alumni Association
- Wrap Up America fort-building competition, a service project that collects blankets for the local homeless population