General Funding Grants (up to $750)
General Funding Grants are all purpose funding requests, including travel, programming, etc, for Registered Student Organizations. The maximum for this grant is $750.
Club Sports (up to $1,500)
Club Sport Grants are reserved for registered Club Sport Teams wishing to obtain funding for a project, event and/or supplies. The maximum for this grant is $1,500.
Multicultural Programs (up to $1,500)
Multicultural Inclusion Grant is a funding request in which any Registered Student Organization may apply for funding for the purpose of promoting diversity, inclusion, and/or the spread of multicultural values throughout the University of Kentucky Student Body.
- A Registered Student Organization may receive a maximum of $1,500 each fiscal year through the Multicultural Inclusion Grant.
Service (up to $1,500)
Service Grants are intended for a community service project sponsored by a Registered Student Organization. The maximum for this grant is $1,500.
Senate Special Project (up to $2,500)
Senate Special Projects are funding requests intended to benefit the student body that must be sponsored by a Student Government Senator. The maximum for this grant is $2,500. Please contact a Senator and visit their office hours to discuss funding for a Senate Special Project. Click HERE for senators, their office hours, and contact information.
If you cannot reach a Senator, please email Austin Bach at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and concerns.
How to Receive Funding
For General Funding, Club Sports, Multicultural Inclusion, and Service
- STEP 1: Complete this online form. If you have any additional questions, contact Austin Bach at email@example.com.
- STEP 2: Present the request in person at the next Appropriations & Revenue (A&R) Committee Meeting. These meetings occur twice a month Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm. The schedule and deadlines are located below. The contact listed on the grant application will be emailed with the meeting time and location the Monday/Tuesday prior to the meeting.
- STEP 3: If your proposal is approved by the A&R Committee, you will need to contact Lynn Fresca within the next FIVE (5) business days. If you fail to do so, your grant will be voided.
For Senate Special Project
- STEP 1: Find a Senator who agrees to sponsor your event or project.
- STEP 2: Meet with your sponsoring Senator in the Student Government office and fill out the funding application.
- STEP 3: Present the request in person with your sponsoring Senator at the next Appropriations & Revenue (A&R) Committee Meeting. These meetings occur twice a month on Wednesday nights at 7:00 pm. The schedule and deadlines are located below. The contact listed on the grant application will be emailed with the meeting time and location the Monday/Tuesday prior to the meeting.
- STEP 4: After your proposal is amended and/or approved, present the request in person at the next Full Senate Meeting. These meetings usually occur the Wednesday following the Appropriations & Revenue Committee meeting that you attended.
- STEP 5: If your proposal is approved by the Full Senate, you will need to contact Lynn Fresca within the next FIVE (5) business days. If you fail to do so, your grant will be voided.
Deadlines for Funding Fall 2016
All funding requests must be submitted by noon (12:00PM) on the following dates:
|Due Date (by noon)||To Appear Before Committee On|
|September 26, 2016||September 28, 2016|
|October 10, 2016||October 12, 2016|
|October 24, 2016||October 26, 2016|
|November 7, 2016||November 9, 2016|
|November 28, 2016||November 30, 2016|
All committee meetings are held in room 334 of Blazer Hall at 7 PM.
Reimbursement Policy: Student Government funds organizations by reimbursement only. All receipts must be submitted to the SGA office manager within 30 days of the approved event, project or purchase. If receipts are not turned in within the 30 day window, the funding will be forfeited. Groups can only be funded once per fiscal year.
Prohibited Items: Student Government will not provide funding for the following items: food and beverages, non-university approved vendors, subscriptions, taxes, management or consulting fees, organizational membership dues, personal gifts, donations or contributions, financial aid, scholarships, expenses incurred prior to Student Government approval, all equipment, awards, trophies or prizes.
When will I hear about my meeting time and location after I apply?
Emails will be sent out the Monday before the A&R meeting. You can find the schedule for the next meeting above.
How can I find a sponsoring senator for my Senate Special Project?
If you are unsure about how to get a sponsoring senator, but would like to apply for a Senate Special Project, send a short description of your organization, your planned event or uses for the funds, and how you believe this will impact the University community to Austin Bach at firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be shared with every senator.
A&R Chair – Austin Bach — email@example.com
Student Government Office – Blazer Dining Rm. 351
Any questions regarding funding should be directed to the Appropriations & Revenue Chair Austin Bach at firstname.lastname@example.org.