The University of Kentucky Student Government Association is proud and excited to announce the release of applications for 2017 spring semester internships in Washington D.C., Lexington and
Students will have the opportunities to apply for internship positions in the following governmental offices:
- U.S. Senator Rand Paul
- U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (Washington, D.C.)
- U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (Lexington, Ky. Field Office)
- U.S. Congressman Hal Rogers (KY-5)
- U.S. Congressman Andy Barr (KY-6, Washington, D.C.)
- U.S. Congressman Andy Barr (KY-6, Lexington, Ky. Field Office)
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes (Frankfort, Ky.)
- Kentucky Commissioner of Agriculture Ryan Quarles (Frankfort, Ky.)
If selected, interns through this program would receive a reasonable stipend to help defray costs of working, living, or commuting in/to Washington D.C., Frankfort, or Lexington. Dates for the internships are flexible and will be discussed and set by the offices once they have selected their intern and talked with them regarding their schedule.
The required application materials are listed below. The first link is the UKSGA Government Internship Program application and you must complete the application for the governmental office in the links above as well as including the following documents:
- UKSGA Government Internship Program Application
- Specific application for each office in which you are applying (The Dept. of Agriculture does not have a specific application.)
- Cover letter addressed to the Student Government Selection Committee
- Updated résumé
All application materials are to be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 24.
Materials must be sealed and mailed/dropped off to the Student Government Office in Room 351 of Blazer Dining.
If you have any immediate questions regarding any of the information above, please reach out to Director of Government Relations, Gammon Fain, at firstname.lastname@example.org.